Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pass The Sugar

I don't want any breakfast. I'll drink two or three cups of coffee later. I put a dollop of vanilla ice cream in my coffee. That gives my day a real boost. I will hang out with my son. He will call me Pink Power Ranger. He will call me Mary Jane. He will call me Gwen. He will call me Mommy. We might dance and celebrate life right along with Richard Simmons. Perhaps we will venture outside to investigate the mud puddle. Maybe I'll sit in a chair in the carport while my son draws Venom with sidewalk chalk. My husband will call me on his lunch break and on his drive home from work. His calls usually go straight to voice mail. The friendly student loan people will call two or three times. I am most popular with them. One of the most surreal moments of my life was when I answered a call from the student loan people and a young man said,"By the way, I love your poetry." Last night I read two stories from Hot Water Music. One of the stories bothered me. The man could not get his girlfriend out of his blood even though she was a real bitch. He was waiting for her in a motel room and she was playing games with his emotions. Then a woman from the room next door showed up in her purple mascara and sucked the guy's surprised cock. She bit a piece of the head off and then left. I do not like having that image stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment